free website stats program WANTED TO BUY: Repairable '07 or later Touring, Road King, etc. | Harley Davidson Forums

WANTED TO BUY: Repairable '07 or later Touring, Road King, etc.

Rod Stewart

My '07 FLHRC was wrecked in late Mar in a highway accident. The good news is my friend who was riding it has pretty much recovered and will ride again one day soon. He is one LUCKY dude!
My engine and drive train is fine, wheels etc all good. Lots of other good parts, but the cost estimate to repair it with all new stuff that got bent is ridiculous.
Now I am looking for a project '07 or later FLHR or other touring bike that has a shot engine, trans, whatever.
A flood or water damage bike may be a good candidate. Should be cosmetically good, or close to it.
Prefer southwest location, but will consider anything that makes sense.

Appreciate any leads, thanks,
Rod

Give cycle trader and craigslist a try. If you know any repo guys they may also be able to help.....

I have no experience in this, but maybe Googling or contacting Ins. companies would turn something up. With the recent floods in the SW/SE, there's probably a lot of touring bikes being written off.

The only downside you might find buying a wrecked or flood damaged bike could be it comes with a salvage title.
That could become problematic for resale.

Good luck with your search.

I would start by calling the local insurance company's I a sure they have already paid out alot on losses

Back