free website stats program vibration | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

vibration

the lastest on the vibration. checked the fairing brackets and they are all ok. front motor mount to be in good shape. did change the plugs and it appears to be running alot smooth. checked the mileage when i filled up and was about 37mpg, compared to 40 on the fill up before. i did put rinehart slip on about a year ago and just put k&n air filter recently, and i am wondering if i need any kind of adjustments made with the fuel. thanks for all of the advise

the lastest on the vibration. checked the fairing brackets and they are all ok. front motor mount to be in good shape. did change the plugs and it appears to be running alot smooth. checked the mileage when i filled up and was about 37mpg, compared to 40 on the fill up before. i did put rinehart slip on about a year ago and just put k&n air filter recently, and i am wondering if i need any kind of adjustments made with the fuel. thanks for all of the advise

When opening up exhaust and air filter in combination, the bike is more lean now. Especially if baffles in mufflers are over 1.75 inch and just the air filter will add additional leaness. So yes a adjustment is neccesary to richen things up.
Check this out : TFI Tuner From Dobeck Discounted (NEW OFFER) - Harley Davidson Community

Now did you see and read Nickster's post, a good one.
what say you here.?

signed....BUBBIE
I have similar problem with my 2004 Road King Classic. 38,000 miles. started when I bought new tires. found bad rear tire replaced. Changed front engine mount 3 times now. Changed handlebar grommets twice. Local dealer says it's a harley? I know it is worse and different than it was before tire change. nothing we've done since has made any improvement at all?

Have checked all engine mounts, swing arm torque. Engine not touching frame. Exhaust mount behind rear head was missing nut, fixed. All fluid levels ok. Going to change the plugs and check the steering bearing nut today. Thanks so much! Hope I find it soon.

I hope you have solved your problem.

If you have not and you think you have checked everything exterior to the motor, it may be time to look interior.

I chases a vibration for months...front motor mount, tires, loose nuts and bolts...fixed a few things but could not shake the vibration.

Eventually my motor started eating itself. I had a needle bearing in the cam that was slowly going bad and then eventually went out. There was nothing left of the bearing exept just pieces of the housing and some needles in the oil pan.

Hope this isn't anything close to what you could have wrong, but if you can't find anything else, take a look in the cam housing and make sure everything is okay.

Happy hunting.

Changed spark plugs yesterday. Runs notably better but no change in Vibration. Checked torque on front steering nut. no change. Checked transmission bolts. Checked wheels and tires. I'm at a loss! Have checked everything everyone has suggested and find nothing that makes a difference?
The person who had a cam needle bearing go bad, how many miles were on your bike? Mine has 38,000.
Before yesterday, Changed handlebar grommets twice (me once and Certified mech.) Changed front engine mount 3 times, 3 different type of mounts. Changed all fluids, checked for shavings in drained fluids and checked primary chain. Checked swingarm mount torque. Checked for overfill of oil (use Amzoil). Checked for engine touching frame. Found nut missing on exhaust bracket behind rear cylinder head, replaced. Installed new brake pads.
The vibrations seems to be more in the front??
Have Rheumatoid arthritis and can't ride far with this vibration. Can't afford to take it to the dealer again who can't seem to figure it out either?
Open to more suggestions.
Thanks everyone! Bob

Back