free website stats program Vibration in Rear while Braking | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Vibration in Rear while Braking

i all so have 2012 street glide that dosent have abs and is doing the same vibration when rear brake is applied dont know what is causing it as far as the lifers go mine is rattling in the morning on start up tech. where i bought my bike told me the motor company is having all kinds of problems with 2012 lifter bleed down and they will replace them under warranty

i all so have 2012 street glide that dosent have abs and is doing the same vibration when rear brake is applied dont know what is causing it as far as the lifers go mine is rattling in the morning on start up tech. where i bought my bike told me the motor company is having all kinds of problems with 2012 lifter bleed down and they will replace them under warranty

All these problems with the 2011-2012's makes me very glad I sold my 2012 street glide back to the dealer and bought a used 09 road king.

i would check the wheel bearings i had the same problem in the front of my bike replaced them and it went away

I have the same problem with my 2012 Roadking Classic, but it's when I'm slowing down like at a red light or something like that. I took it back to the dealer about 2-weeks ago for the 1,000 mile service and found the front bearings we're loose.They tightened them but I can't see any difference. Now I have to take it in next week-end to replace the regulator, It's kinda like a recall thing. This my third Harley and I'v had good luck until now………. (2005 Dyna Super Glide, 2011 Heritage Classic and I thought I had to have a Roadking Classic) Hope this not to much griping at this time...

I have the same problem with my 2012 Roadking Classic, but it's when I'm slowing down like at a red light or something like that. I took it back to the dealer about 2-weeks ago for the 1,000 mile service and found the front bearings we're loose.They tightened them but I can't see any difference. Now I have to take it in next week-end to replace the regulator, It's kinda like a recall thing. This my third Harley and I'v had good luck until now………. (2005 Dyna Super Glide, 2011 Heritage Classic and I thought I had to have a Roadking Classic) Hope this not to much griping at this time...

The front bearings were loose? So they re torqued the axle? HMMMM

I don't know if I'm doing this right But yes they had to tighten the front bearings. That was what they told me, They said it was under warranty. I thought that was the vibration which they new anything about, but it wasn't…..

Wheel bearings are sealed units. Other than tightening the axle nut did this help?

I guess that was what they did, They told me front wheel bearings I don't know enough about it to know. I couldn't tell any differents at all. I thought that was the vibration that was feeling at slowing down like at a red light…. Thanks for the HELP….

Back