Veteran check in

US ARMY 507th Medivac
Fort Hood Texas 1971
Anyone out there?
WAP.gif

US ARMY 507th Medivac Fort Hood Texas 1971
Anyone out there?
WAP.gif

Yea I was there after I came back from Nam in 71 and then ETS'd out of Hood on Feb 12 1972. They had a good bowling alley there and Temple had some decent places to go on weekends. Went down to Mexico some. Bought some really good deals on leather items down there.

I was in an Engineer Unit at Hood, but can't even remember which it was. In Nam I was in the 554th, attached to the 20th Eng. Brigade. Your brother soldiers did a great job in Nam. They would go in hot zones fearlessly to pull out wounded. I've loaded guys onto to the Red Crossed Army medicvacs on 2 different occasions during my tour in Nam. The Marine medivacs took the red crosses of their hueys. They said it just gave Charles a cross hair to shoot at. They were not lying. Charles was an equal opportunity killer.

I salute you for your service. Ft. Hood was big fort even back then. It's huge now, my stepson is currently there in a mechanized unit.

I am Active AF.............Deployed right now..............not saying any more due to OPSEC.......................3 years till retirement.......I can hardly wait.

US Navy, 6/1982 to 7/2003, retired.
Avionics Technician A-6 Intruder, F-14 Tomcat, and FA-18 Hornet.
Deployed aboard (EDIT) near every Aircraft Carrier on the East Coast at one time or another.

To my brothers and sisters returning from "over there", Thank you for your service. To those still serving, you rock!! :majesty

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
1/15th Inf. 2nd Infantry Division
4/6th Inf. 5th Infantry Division
3/41 Inf. 2nd Armor Division

Attachments

• infantry.jpg
    infantry.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 14
Back