free website stats program Vests when riding | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Vests when riding

Since we are talking vests. Anyone have any recommendations on a good one. Possibly with Buffalo Nickel buttons. :)

Most of the vendors around here that sell and sew patches have a selection of buttons they can put on your vest. I had mine changed to Buffalo's when I had my patches sewn on. Think they were about 4 bucks each, was able to get the extenders with Buffalo's at Bike Week.

Most of the vendors around here that sell and sew patches have a selection of buttons they can put on your vest. I had mine changed to Buffalo's when I had my patches sewn on. Think they were about 4 bucks each, was able to get the extenders with Buffalo's at Bike Week.

Extenders??? Did you shrink your vest by mistake??? :p

I wear the HD denim. It has buttons instead of snaps so an extender probably wouldn't work. I only have a couple of pins and I like the inside pockets. I usually have a long sleeve T underneath. I think the denim would be scratchy and I have old man skinny arms anyway.

Wear one all the time regardless if it is 100*+ or not. Use to wear it to hold my smokes, phone, and stuff for easy access. Now, I no longer smoke, but I feel "naked" :newsmile100: without it, besides it has my American Legion Riders :small3d022: patches, and a few others. When I was working midnights, I was wearing a safety/reflective vest which I bought at the local HD dealer, because I was traveling at night. Bought my vest at Cycle Gear. Good quality, cheap price ($50 on sale) Have had it for 4+ years and no complaints so far, did have to buy some of those "extenders" tho....:newsmile100: I guess it shrunk in the Texas sun, or I have "plumped" up a bit...:newsmile100:

Have one for Patriot Guard missions and another for general riding. Almost always wear one. Pockets for odds and ends, concealment for sidearm, and softens effects of bug/flying gravel strikes.

I like the vest because it prevents the T-shirt from flapping around. Can get annoying

Back