free website stats program V&S Short Shots | Harley Davidson Forums

V&S Short Shots

USMCCWO5

OK, my wife started looking at my RK, and said, I want a scooter to ride to work. Well, I thought, NIGHTSTER, 2008 Denim Olive and Black....she didn't think it was a scooter, but she now loves it.
To the heart of my post. I want to change the exhaust to something black. 1. Are the V&S Short Shots going to ruin her hearing since they are quite short?
2. Has anyone used the S&S teardrop air filter on their Sportster?
3. Is the V&H Fuel Pak the way to go for do it home mechanics?

Thanks in advance for any input, ideas, or assistance.

+1 on the SE street legal slipons,i've got them on my nightster & they sound sweet,louder than i expected too.
as for the shortshots i had them on my 883R & as Hobbit said even with the quiet baffles they are still crazy loud,loud enough to give me head ache after 1/2 hour of riding.

Thank you gents, it now appears I must adjust my modification plans. I am sure my wife would not like the short shots.

Are the D&D FatCats flat or gloss black?

Anyone using the S&S Filter and cover for their Sporty?

Thanks again to all.

Hey Marine - Just a note from a retired Master Sergeant - ooh-rah. Let's see - CWO5 - I think they were talking about bringing that into effect when I retired in '92. With that rank you wear the bursting bomb - 'Gunner' I believe? Take care and Semper Fi Devil Dog.

Not a gunner; which are only 03s. I am Ordnance Maintenance. One silver stripe on red bar, in the middle of the long side. Ohhrah

Back