free website stats program V Rod Opinions... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V Rod Opinions...

Searching for my first Harley on line I came across 105th anniversary addition and fell in love with the 2 tone paint. I wanted that bike so bad I could taste it. The following week I went to the local dealer and test drove one. Fortunately and I say fortunately the frame is too wide at the tank and my legs are too short. The bike just did not fit me at all. What a thrill ride though. I will stick with my old school STC.
Love the night rod look. They can run 11s at the track all day long, and that will get respect from any rocket rider.

Agree a bike has to speak to you, my problem is they all speak to me ,I have to say Willy G overall has done a great job over the last 10yrs with the design of all the HD models since 2000 some real nice designs has hit the dealerships.Tbone is def a member of the 10 sec club, I was reminded of the biggest problem with the Vrod yesterday as I put about 300 miles on the DX and I think most Vrod owners will agree that somthing need to be done with the reliability of the fuel gauge ,as of now you have 2 choices either rely on the trip odometer or 1 to 2 x a year pull it out and clean it so it works properly.

Still not sure It has not spoke to me yet. I know this sounds GOOFY but bikes do talk to me before I buy them. Maybe one day:s

Ya know Jack, I just can't help myself sometimes! :coffee

Maybe the reason it hasn't spoke to ya yet is because it isn't polite to interupt. and I figure, with all those other voices in yer head... well, just thinkin' out loud here, buddy! :D

Have an 09 Muscle in addition to an 07 Ultraclassic. Really different rides. The VRod is not real comfortable, but its FUN. Really glad I bought it.

OK I am looking at my first HD and I am torn. 75-80% of my rides will be short "lets get out and take a ride" with my lady on back. But we do want to take a few weekend trips. 3-5 hour legs at tops. I am leaning towards the V-Rod over the Road King, but I am worried about comfort, not only for myself, but for my passenger. I want the sport of the v-rod and the function of the Road King. With some simple mods can the V-Rod accomplish both?

OK I am looking at my first HD and I am torn. 75-80% of my rides will be short "lets get out and take a ride" with my lady on back. But we do want to take a few weekend trips. 3-5 hour legs at tops. I am leaning towards the V-Rod over the Road King, but I am worried about comfort, not only for myself, but for my passenger. I want the sport of the v-rod and the function of the Road King. With some simple mods can the V-Rod accomplish both?
As much as I love the looks of the V-Rod, my vote will now go for the road king. :) But seriously, I really think you will both be more comfortable on the road king than the V-Rod, not saying that just because I recently got a road king either.

I've never ridden the v-rod, but I know that between my deuce and the road king, the king will win in the practicality and comfort department. :s

How about a V Rod bagger?

100_0264.jpg

Back