free website stats program V&H Fuelpak????????? | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Fuelpak?????????

Dango789

I'm on an '08 Road King Classic with about 8500 miles, or 12,500 kms on it that i purchased a couple of months ago. I picked up some Vance and Hines slip ons and am getting a high flow air intake this week. After I put these on, my local HD dealer says they will charge me $250 to set up the fuel.
What I'm wondering is, should I go with the dealer set up or is it just as good or better to pick up a V&H Fuelpak that can stay with my bike and be used again for any future modifications? The Fuelpak is about $30-$40 more than the dealer is charging for the one time set up.
I only know what I have read and seen in video about these things on the sellers website, so some feedback from riders who have first hand experience with the V&H Fuelpak would be very much appreciated.
Thank you for all responses.
Dan

Definately go with the V&H Fuelpak, TFI, Power Commander, etc. over the dealer download. You will have more options for down the road with either as compared to the dealer download and not have to pay them each time you want to make a change.

I have no experience with the Fuelpak but have heard good things about them. Myself, I have the Power Commander PCV and like it but a lot of members here prefer the TFI unit for its simplicity, ease of use and its priced right with the member discount.

I put on V&H Longshots, Stage 1 breather and a FuelPak at 2500 miles. Going on 20,000 miles now and never had a problem.

Almost forgot...picked it up on eBay for $205

Very happy with the Fuel Pak I installed last year. I only planned to do a stage 1 on my Ultra so the Fuel Pak was the easiest solution for me. If you plan on doing some engine mods, etc. beyond a stage 1 upgrade, then a different fueler such as a TFI, Power Commander, etc. might be a better way to go. But if stage 1 is all you're going to do you can't beat the Fuel Pak for ease of installation and set up.

Had one one my 08 Ultra when I bought it.Just upgraded to Dobeck gen 3. Far better product for the money. If you want I still have the one off my bike and will sell it to you for 125. Pm me and we can set something up.

Thank you all for the responses and great info. I feel pretty good now about the choice. I have some great Vance&Hines slip ons sitting in my garage just waiting to roar and am picking my Stage 1 high flow air intake today!
Thanks again for the input!

Dan
WAP.gif

Thank you all for the responses and great info. I feel pretty good now about the choice. I have some great Vance&Hines slip ons sitting in my garage just waiting to roar and am picking my Stage 1 high flow air intake today!
Thanks again for the input!

Dan
WAP.gif
Dan,

250$$ from HD is a Rip-off in my book..Be careful spending for a 50$ worth of download. Does Nothing to give you PROPER amount of fuel your bike Needs... HD's hands are TIED by the EPA....

TFI all the way and check out their New HDT member Discount= -50$ and free shipping...
Makes them about 200$$

signed....BUBBIE

Back