free website stats program V&H Fuel Pak problems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Fuel Pak problems

Good luck, you can dump some Star Tron in it to see if it is bad fuel. Could be a bad connection somewhere, maybe even on the ground side of the battery. Chances are, however, that it is the Fuel Pak.:(

Since I really enjoy riding and not so much into the power but my bike running right I am considering changing back to stock everything. Adding some slip on's and using the stock air cleaner. Am I crazy for thinking this?

Try Terry Components TV-3. Your bike takes No. 220Q.
We have installed over 100 of these & have had no problems. The performance is a 15-20% gain & fuel mileage increasses are moderate, depending on the bike. The unit is fool proof, no buttons or dials. It is completely self-tunning. The TV-3 compensates for altitude changes, humidity & temp changes, load (weight) changes, automaticly & instantly.

Terry Components - Product Listing

So now I think my idle speed stepper motor is going south. On my way back from my 1000 mile trip last weekend the engine idle would drop out and occasionally die at stop signs and lights. Riding to work this week its now pretty much constant. To much fun. New rear tire while on the road due to a bolt pushing through the case. Lucky that Wild Cat Harley in Loundon Ky was open on Sunday. $330 dollar mishap. Can't seem to let the wallet rest. I'm scrapping the V&H fuel pak and going with the Power Commander. I hear its much more user friendly and stable.

I'm scrapping the V&H fuel pak and going with the Power Commander. I hear its much more user friendly and stable.

For something as simple as a Stage 1, why not go back to stock and add a TFI. Do you really need that much control over the engine management system. And are you really ready to have a interface box between all your sensors and the ECM.

Just a side note: Have you shored up your stator rotor bolts yet?

I've had one on my 2006 Road King with Big Shot duels and it works great. I ride everything from sea level to 12,000ft with no problems. It runs much better than my Dyna with a Stage 1.

Pulled the idle control valve off and clean the carbon from around the plunger and the seat in the housing. Bike is now idling as it should.

Well.....Gess what...Yesterday my bike did some spiten and coughing when taking off a 2 or 3 of times and Im hoping like me,,it is just bad gas..:)

Hi ...Ya its me again.......I did have bad gas..:swoon..I drained my tank and refilled and all is good....I dont understand it...This gas station has a lot of traffic and yes I run super...Im glad I dont need to spend more money..

I have had Fuel Pak on my Superglide for 2 years now. Other than popping when shifting fast ( could be me) I have had no problems. I used this as a spring board to help richen the engine up for longevity. I plan on going to an auto tune system in the future. First I want to understand first why there are different maps and dyno tuning requiered for auto tune.
If your thinking about these for the price and the ease of installation just go for it.

Back