free website stats program V&H exhaust | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H exhaust

I was on earlier today, I'm thinking of getting some big radius for my Deluxe. It's carburated, so I guess I should be thinkin about changing the breather and perhaps rejetting??
I'm stock right now and not impressed with the performance, its downright sluggish.

I was on earlier today, I'm thinking of getting some big radius for my Deluxe. It's carburated, so I guess I should be thinkin about changing the breather and perhaps rejetting??
I'm stock right now and not impressed with the performance, its downright sluggish.
Heya wolfy
Are you sure your 06 Deluxe is carburated .I am pretty sure they are Injection. Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI ).If Im wrong pls correct me .
I could be wrong but I don't think so.
But to your question it comes down is it worth the cash .If you do just the pipes alone .you won't run into any tuning expenses .If you do the pipes and a stage1 air breather you'll be looking at some extra HP and expenses of a remap and a dyno tune.
The bottom line is how much is a few extra hp worth to you .
Hope this helps

CTrain

Did you know that Doebeck has an upgrade for the bigger engines 90+HP - FI-1040HPST TFI Fuel Injection Module ? It's on their site.

Just thought I'd mention it.
No I didn't I was just going on the information my tuner gave me at the time .So now I have the sert which cost me allot of$$ and time to get as they are a hot commodity as every 1 is modifying there EFI these days.The TFI in my bike is a Techlusion GEN III .Good to know Information is power .
Cheers

Last edited:
hi, I have 06 carberated, big radius pipes (awsome sound and look) screamin eagle air and jetted, theye definatly need more fuel more air

I have the big radius with stage 1 on my '07 Standard, used the cobra fuel tuner fi2000, power increase was very noticeable, and the motor ran cooler, but the gas mileage went down to about 34-32 mpg. A brother with the '07 custom has rush slipon's with the sert and gets good power, with about 44 mpg. I'm still looking at tuners due the sert rider tuneability. I like to do things myself and don't like to rely on the shop.
I'll prolly go with the gliders tfi tuner, I haven't heard one bad thing about it.

Hi I cant figure out how to post a thread, so im gonna ask a question here and hopefully somone will point me in the right direction. I bought a 08 night train. I want to put vance and hines big radius 2/2 on it. Do i need to go with an after market air filter. Also do I need to get a fuel pak? Thanks for the help
stunna

Hi I cant figure out how to post a thread, so im gonna ask a question here and hopefully somone will point me in the right direction. I bought a 08 night train. I want to put vance and hines big radius 2/2 on it. Do i need to go with an after market air filter. Also do I need to get a fuel pak? Thanks for the help
stunna

To post, go to the forum that you want to post in and look in the upper left, you'll see a
newthread.gif
icon. Click on it and post your question. If you have problems finding your post, you can click on your name at the bottom of the homepage when you log in and that takes you to your profile. Then you can click on the link in there to show all your posts.

As far as your question, by adding the stage 1 air filter your engine will run better and have a bit more power. As far as the fuel, I recommend the TFI over the V&H unit because it is much easier to adjust, no programming at all and no values to deal with, just 4 small pots that get turned with a small screwdriver. More fuel needed, turn right, less fuel needed, turn left, very simple to adjust.

Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI

I have the vance and hines big radius pipes on my 07 Fatty. I used the Vance and Hines Fuel pak, it works great and is very easy to setup, other than finding a spot to mount it.:rider

Back