free website stats program Upgrading | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrading

Lawnboymike

Hi all. New to the group.

Anyway, last year I basically got my first bike, a '19 Sportster 48. I had a old Honda for about a year about 20 years ago, and that's about my riding experience. So, the sales guy steered me to a Sportster to make it easier to get back into it. I had a great year riding it! But....

Now, I want something I can do more with. Interstates on the Sporty (EDIT). I want to move up to a bike I can travel with. I have until April to use the "Freedom Promise" promotion to trade in the Sporty for a full refund toward an upgrade.

Now, I'm looking for help deciding. I think I've narrowed it down to 3. A Heritage Classic, Road King, or a Street Glide. (Don't like the front on a Road Glide).

Pros-Cons of each? Suggestions? Thoughts? Any help/ideas are appreciated!

Thank all!

Edited for language

Last edited by a moderator:
Heritage has lowest seat height.Road King and Street Glide have hard bags.Road King will have better ride than Street Glide.Road King was My step up from Sportster.

As mentioned all 3 are nice bikes, take a test ride on each to help you decide which one suits you best.

The Heritage would be a good choice, I had a 2007 that I rode 8 years trouble free and as Harttoo said they sit lower. No Music though......lol. I guess the only one that comes with tunes is the street glide?

The softails have a tranny that gets buzzy over 70 mph.You'll feel it when you back off the throttle,compared to a touring bike.The heritage and the base touring bike are exactly the same price.Of course they aren't having the tranny problems on the softies.

The OP needs to understand the difference between the softails and the touring models and it would help to know if the OP is considering buying new or used.

I have had one of each for years and while I admit that 500 mile days are a bit easier on the body on a touring model, I have put in many 500 mile days on my softail. If buying new, my two favorites for 2020 are the re-introductioin of the Electra Glide Standard to the touriing line and the new Sport Glide in the softail line. If buying used, probably stick with the Electra Glide Standard as it is a blank canvas for customization. JMHO.;)

Back