free website stats program upgrading turnsignals | Harley Davidson Forums

upgrading turnsignals

just changed over to led turn signals on my 2003 roadking and need to put a load equalizer in line .i bought a adapter that gets connected in the wire harness .the guy said it goes where the turn signals hook in to the harness .where is this ??

Usually you will find that connection under the seat where the wires go through the rear fender to the lights.

On 08, the connector for rear lights is under seat. I used this connector to plug in sub harness for trailer lights. SHould be same for load equalizer but not sure if this connector is for all t/s or just rear.

just changed over to led turn signals on my 2003 roadking and need to put a load equalizer in line .i bought a adapter that gets connected in the wire harness .the guy said it goes where the turn signals hook in to the harness .where is this ??

Warning! Always install the load
equalizer upstream of any existing
aftermarket multifunction control
modules. Do not install a load
equalizer between a module and the
turn signals as this will overload the
module. Overloading will damage the
module and create a fire hazard!
Warning! Load equalizers generate heat wh en in use. Avoid using the turn
signals for an extended period of time, otherwise the load equalizer will
overheat. Never operate the four-way flashers unless you first
remove the load equalizer. Overheating will damage the load
equalizer, causing loss of turn signal operation and creates a fire
hazard!
Locate the main wiring harness going to the rear fender; the harness is
located either under the seat or behind the side cover. Separate the harness at the
main connector plug and install the control module inline. The connectors are keyed
to only fit one way; be sure the connectors seat fully for good electrical contact

Last edited:
ok that should be ok with the turn/brake plug and play adapter located under seat but was wondering if it is the same plug or if there wasn another place that it hooks up at

put the equilizer in works great used a kiriakan equalizer in front of the plug and play to change turn sig.to brake lights .plugged right in.it was using the same plug hook up under seat.thanks

Back