free website stats program Upgrades | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrades

mo1200

Account Removed
I was thinking of installing the SE Stage 1 Air and SE performance Slip on muffs on my new 1200C Sportster. Now I got to tell you I like the sound of it now and it runs great. My question is, am I going to notice enough performance boost to make the expense worth it? I only ride 2 up from time to time, most of the time it's just me and my little rocket. Do I really need more HPs and Torque? It will already go faster than I'm brave enough to try. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

The benefit of Stage I is between 10 to 15 HP...which amounts to 15% Horsepower and torque increase whether on the dyno or "seat of the pants" measurement to be sure if all three items are done. You have stated two of them, SE Stage 1 Air Intake, SE Performance Slip-Ons Exhausts, but this will run your bike dangerously lean unless you should add some type of EFI Fuel Air/Fuel Ratio Upgrade Device such as TFI to complete the upgrade:

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/instructions/1251ST.pdf

When you do your upgrade, save all your HD OEM parts, as government and local ordinances are starting to clamp down on modifications that richen EPA mandated regulations (SMOG) or modifications to the exhaust system (NOISE). If you have the dealer do it, make sure you get them back they are your parts! JMHO

Attachments

• 1251ST.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 21
I don't know much about the 1200s ,but with my 96ci the stage1,TFI and slip ons brought it to life and cooled it down.I wish it was the first thing I had done when I bought it,not waited a year to do it.

Ok, thanks everybody. I have read about about a fed crack down on noise and pollution. Anybody have an idea what the TFI a/f device cost along what my dealer may charge me to do the work? It's starting to sound more expensive than I thought. Does the old saying apply here? Why fix it if it aint broke? That money would go along way toward a set of bags, windshield engine guard etc.

Back