free website stats program Updated Sirius Antenna | Harley Davidson Forums

Updated Sirius Antenna

joel

Got my bike back from the dealer Saturday after they installed the 76000221A Sirius antenna and it is 100% better. I can now ride north and south with no signal loss, went under a couple over passes and only had about 1 second of lost signal. Only put about 15 miles on it but truly much better. Won't be getting much riding any time soon, so far this month is a record setting 7 PLUS INCHES OF RAIN, more to come, if I do get it out I will be seeing how well it does.

Got my bike back from the dealer Saturday after they installed the 76000221A Sirius antenna and it is 100% better. I can now ride north and south with no signal loss, went under a couple over passes and only had about 1 second of lost signal. Only put about 15 miles on it but truly much better. Won't be getting much riding any time soon, so far this month is a record setting 7 PLUS INCHES OF RAIN, more to come, if I do get it out I will be seeing how well it does.

Can't find this anywhere. Was this sourced through HD Dealership? Post some pix.

Cheers,

TQ

Screenshot_20161101-060348.png

Don't have the picture of the antenna but I will when I remove the fairing this winter and will post some of the installation the dealer did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here is a update on the Sirius antenna location.Screenshot_20180428-080233.png
The antenna is at the right on a mounting plate next to the speaker cover, most likely the original location.

This is where I relocated it on the right side of the vent.20180205_152719.jpg
I don't know if it's going to work better hopefully we'll find out soon due to not being able to ride yet this season.

Update:
First real ride today with the Sirius antenna relocated to the outside of the fairing. Definitely a much better location than inside. It was able to get reception in the areas that never came in before including inside of my garage.
Took a 100 mile trip out to the country through winding roads and tall trees, only lost reception a couple of times due to heavy tree coverage.
Reception in town was great, working as it should have all along.
I would recommend this location if anybody is thinking of doing something for better reception.

Back