free website stats program Update~ Went to the doc | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Update~ Went to the doc

Just be glad the price of scrap metal went down, or there might be people trying to take your leg apart. :s.

So, if they take some of that metal out in the future, you gonna try & work the screws onto your bike somewhere? :D

Glad you are doing well, best of luck.

Im getting around pretty good in my wheelchair. I started doing dishes & such. Im also slacking off on the pain meds. Thats a cool idea about the screws. They had to leave 3 pieces of my kneecap out. My mom told me i should have had them save them and put them on my keychain. Now I just get to do some work on bending my knee and trying to get it working better. It sure doesnt bend very far right now. But Im gonna work on it daily. I want to thank you all for your prayers, comments and concerns. It means alot to me to know that people that have never met me are concerned for me. Thank you sooooooo much!!

Hey Pooki, Let me add this as an incentive for you.
I have a good friend...age 59.... who has had both hips, and both knees replaced. One of his hips has been done more than once.
He is still riding. (although he rides a BMW, We won't hold that against him!!)
My point is....He has said many times that gutting thru the pain, and pushing himself to the max during his rehab, is what he credits to the range of motion and the strength he is able to maintain.
He also has said that you need to set goals for yourself during that time and work toward those goals.
Glad you are doing well. Keep up the good work and we'll keep you in our prayers.

Hey Pooki, Let me add this as an incentive for you.
I have a good friend...age 59.... who has had both hips, and both knees replaced. One of his hips has been done more than once.
He is still riding. (although he rides a BMW, We won't hold that against him!!)
My point is....He has said many times that gutting thru the pain, and pushing himself to the max during his rehab, is what he credits to the range of motion and the strength he is able to maintain.
He also has said that you need to set goals for yourself during that time and work toward those goals.
Glad you are doing well. Keep up the good work and we'll keep you in our prayers.

Thanks bunches!! I working on moving my knee. It is painful but I know it will be worth it .

Good luck on your recovery. I had a knee replaced a few years ago and I quickly learned why they are called Physical Terrorist. :D

Back