free website stats program Undecided... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Undecided...

I needed a gasket and she walks in and says to me "You should buy this one" pointing at a Road King Classic.

I wish my husband would say that...:) Congrats.

I remember back in March of '07 my wife said after a 28 years of child rearing.... "Maybe we should get another bike"... by April we had a new Sportster. YAHOO !!!! I Love that woman!! :D

Not too many guys wouldn't take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity. Go fot it
before the womwan regains her sanity.

Well,
I've come to the conclusion that I have to do it!
I just have to wait until I find a replacement fairing, so I don't lose too much on the trade!

P.S. NewHD74FAN She does have a sister, but she also lives in Indiana.

I have found a New 2010 RoadKing police model with the 103" motor for $15,995 and that is quite a tempting price, I could easily add the fairing and pretty much have a "streetglide"

I'm biased because I own a SG but a Street Glide is NOT just a Road King with a fairing instead of a windshield. It comes standard with a stereo, sits lower than other touring models, has a full complement of gauges, less gaudy chrome on the fenders, and an overall leaner, meaner look. I would spend some time looking for a nice deal on a used FLHX instead of buying something else and trying to make it into one.

Keep away from the new stuff, Go look at a 2005 or 2004 TC88, These bikes are bullet proof and depreciation has really kicked in on them. I bought a 2005 Roadglide for 11,000 last year and it only had 4Kmi on it. Amazing deal. Let’s review what you get with the new stuff. 6 speed Tranny, Yawn. I can do 110mph easily in 5th on my Softail. That’s plenty fast on a HOG!!! And don’t give me the fuel economy thing either for 6 speeds. If I were worried about fuel economy, I would not be riding a $30,000 motorcycle. It’s a bit rediculous. Safety though is important!!!!!! The ABS is awesome stuff but if you find an older police bike it should have it. 103’ 110’ so what! I have a big bore kit from Zippers and some power commander mods done as well. 104 HP at the rear tire. I smoke most of my buddies with the screaming chicken stuff and their heavy fat tires. Both mods were pretty cheap and very reliable. I rode it to Sturgis and Back twice with it in 2007 and 2008. Unfortunately My buddy’s R1 Yamaha still leaves me in the dust EVERY time, it would be cheaper to buy his bike from him than spend money on mods trying to beat him with mine. I have 32Kmi on my Softail and she runs and looks like the day I bought it (Well not really but just as clean and pristene). Aftermarket parts are everywhere to do all kinds of stuff to the TC88. You can find awesome deals on the 5 - 6 year old touring bikes and maybe you can find one with a few mods you like. Just don’t sell your Dyna. Never sell a bike, it’s too personal, I’d never sell my kids and I’ll never (God willing) sell my bikes.

Back