free website stats program Ultra Limited with Detach Tour Pak. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Limited with Detach Tour Pak.

I have a 2011 Ultra Limited i changed to a solo bike with a removable tour pack i started with the classic mustard seat and back rest the tour pack also is a back rest.. i moved the license plate to the rear fender moved both antennas to the space between the frame and bags then modified a street glide filler stripe and covered it all up.It is the best of the two worlds.I have done a stage 2 to the motor and run's like it looks.

OLBill

OLBill, I've actually been thinking about the street glide filler deal as well. Where'd you get them if i can ask? What mount did you use for your license?

Received the street glide seat today i got off of eBay... love the more streamlined look when the tourpak is off.

Attachments

• 536652_3374703174001_1461984268_33136977_182177775_n.jpg
    536652_3374703174001_1461984268_33136977_182177775_n.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 527758_3374695333805_1461984268_33136972_66853224_n.jpg
    527758_3374695333805_1461984268_33136972_66853224_n.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 83
I've done the same thing to my 08 EG Classic. Love it. It IS like having two bikes. Not only does it look good, I'm convinced it saved me from spending a LOT more money. I was soo bored with my bike in it's factory configuration, I was thinking about trading. Bought the detach kit...I'm not bored anymore. Ride safe.

Received the street glide seat today i got off of eBay... love the more streamlined look when the tourpak is off.

Love the new look. Did you have a dealer do the labor to install the tourpak or did you do it yourself? how much did that cost?

Congrats on the new sled - you now have the best of both touring worlds (packed/stacked for long-haul + stripped for short-tripp'n). Ride safe!

If you get a factory parts book in the tail lite section it show all the possible lite combs i used the narrow road king t/s bar with the lower lic. plate lite.I got the filler strips from latus salvage i cut the bottom off so could retain the limited lower fender tip lite. i then fitted them into the gaps between the fender and the bag drilled the holes it looks factory both of the strips had antenna holes so i moved the antenna's down to the frame with factory kits.It got a little complicated pictures mean nothing good luck

Love the new look. Did you have a dealer do the labor to install the tourpak or did you do it yourself? how much did that cost?

Marcus, I paid the dealer to do it. I probably could have and definitely should have done it myself instead of paying them 3 hours of labor.

I've done the same thing to my 08 EG Classic. Love it. It IS like having two bikes. Not only does it look good, I'm convinced it saved me from spending a LOT more money. I was soo bored with my bike in it's factory configuration, I was thinking about trading. Bought the detach kit...I'm not bored anymore. Ride safe.

I'm super glad I decided to do it...

I did the same thing. The pic is what I've done on the back so far but I think I'm going to go with a Streetglide rear fender eventually.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 65
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 65
dolce just funny that when i started my build it was identical to your bike...im getting ready to remove mine as well, it will show better ive got all kinds of extra wires though. i have an amp lighter cb speakers antennas intercom. alot of wires , i think ill use electronics plugs or trailer style plugs to get the excess removed from the bike. so the wiring stays with the t/p. hate losing my stereo though my amp is on the tour pack and i dont want to put it in a saddle, so it will be mp3 and headphones or hook up a street glide style amp in the batwing to have the front speakers active, any way thats my .02, later

Harley Davidson Community - Language Policy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back