free website stats program Ultra-Limited Modified to Street Glide style or just get a Street Glide? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra-Limited Modified to Street Glide style or just get a Street Glide?

monolith...do a search up top just type in dunlop 407f and that should get you there...the tank fix is actually a safety recall for all 09 touring...they sent this out in the mail to all who own these models...again just type it into search box and it will get you there...there has been recent posts regarding this and it is a mandatory safety recall so they will know. If they blow smoke up...well you know where... walk away and let us know and we will set you up with copies of these both. Let us know what you decide and then post pics of your new ride...good luck!

Go w/the SG - OK I'm bias too...:s

Man, tough question, but you're going in the right direction (cost comparison). Definitely get the other 1/2 (SG mod) & weigh pros-cons. Remember, any bike's like a blank canvas & you can pretty much paint it to your liking. Definitely test drive (w/wife - of course) & choose the best "bang-for-the-buck." Good luck!

I went ahead and bought the 2010 Sun Glow Street Glide. Then I added Chrome forks, heated grips, chrome hand controls, move the antenna to the faring and an oil cooler. :newsmile093:

Going to break it in for the first 1000 miles before I add the Stage 1, new exhaust and some kind of power commanderish device. Thanks for the advice!

Congratulations Monolith, and smart move on the stage 1, make sure there is no problems from the factory before adding perforance up grades. Enjoy!

I went ahead and bought the 2010 Sun Glow Street Glide. Then I added Chrome forks, heated grips, chrome hand controls, move the antenna to the faring and an oil cooler. :newsmile093:

Going to break it in for the first 1000 miles before I add the Stage 1, new exhaust and some kind of power commanderish device. Thanks for the advice!

Gr8 choice - you won't regret it! I prefer the cleaner looks of a SG & you can always accessorise it to look similar to a Ultra. Ride safe!

Dont forget to put the good stuff in her...Mobil1 full syn, Spectro for tranny and maybe some redline. Beautiful bike great color and lots of fun...enjoy:s

The SG is 19k, the LTD is 25k. Lots of upgrades for 6k. And SG is a very cool looking bike. The 2010 has the helical cut gears in 5th and I believe the new compound set up in rear tire where center of tire wears longer for touring. Softer rubber on the sides for better grip.

Picture?

I wanted a bagger for the storage and was all set to buy a RK until I saw the Street Glide. In regards to the Ultra, a friend has one and liked the clean look of my fenders and took off his bumpers. No go. The vacant space was unclean and looked broken. Installed the removable King Tour Pac and love the fact that I can go Ultra when extra storage is needed or the wife rides or go clean for solo riding. Whatever you choose, they're both great bikes. Cheers!

Back