free website stats program Ultra front end wobble at high speed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra front end wobble at high speed

Thanks again you guys. Family issues at home and lots of stress are keeping him away I think. Will forward this to him again so he knows this HAS to be taken care of and soon. He's planning a long road trip in August but I'm sure he knows this MUST be fixed before then. Doug

If the bike has a spoked rim on it I would check the spokes and make sure they are properly tightend and the rim is true. I had the same problem with my Road King. I checked everything except the spokes because I had just had the front tire replaced by the dealer and assummed that they checked them while mounting and balancing the tire.

I just went through this similar issue. I had to replace my rear tire! It was a brand new metzler 18 inch tire, 180. The problem seemed to be that the metzler tire is only 2 ply and the sidewalls are not strong enough to support the weight of a 900 pound bike (My streetglide). I replaced it with a Dunlop D407 and my wobble has been almost eliminated. I will also add that True-trac device as well, my friend swears by it. Those two changes should erradicate that wobble issue.

I was not interested in fighting the 800 pound 07 RKSE to choose the path that we are going to ride so before my 30 day road trip last august I did the research and found the stabilizer called the Bagger Brace. Very heavy duty and looks good to. The bike now tracks like you would expect it should. By the way I had all the maintenance done before this trip, tires brakes fall away and was getting pretty frustrated with the thought of a bike under me that I could not trust. Check it out Bagger Brace. Good luck :60:

Back