free website stats program Ultra Classic - Passenger Leg Comfort | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Classic - Passenger Leg Comfort

My wife (5'3") had the same problem. A combination of moving the boards up and the TP forward seemed to take care of it.

Had to do the same mod for my 5'3" wife. The Kuryakins were the real fix though, as the footboards were already at their highest mounting point on my UC.

Either can be swapped on to the other frame. I had the street glide pegs on my Road king instead of the rear boards.

HD makes bars that did the trick for my 5 footer. They come out from the bottom mounting point at a normal angle but then make a sharp bend from that point back to the top mount, forming more of a triangle than a rectangle. I think the part # is 49087-01 (for my 05 Ultra) (Comfort Profile Rear Saddlebag Guard Kit)

I should have added that after I moved the tourpak back with whats his name's relocator for more room for the Mrs; her calves were painfully contacting the stock bag-bars. That was resolved with moving the the rear floor boards to the top position & changing to the 'comfort bars' mentioned above. All is well on the back seat & we both have adequate room.

The water jugs hanging on the stock bag bars down by the exhausts and aft of the engine look 'cool' but I'd bet the water temp would be better for making a cup of hot tea about halfway across Wyoming in August.

The water might get a little hotter than normal, but when your hot and thristy and you can't pull off, it comes in mighty handy. A coupla swallows and a little squirt on your neck and you can run another 50 miles. I only put mine on for long trips and I only have the one for the left side, but I use it a lot. My 09 Road Glide didn't come with saddle bag guards, I installed em just so I'd have a place to hang my water bottle pouch, that's how important it was to me, + I like the added protection, Lord knows that painted stuff ain't cheap. I don't believe the Passenger Comphort Saddle Bag Guards will accept the Harley Bag Guard Pouches though.

Back