free website stats program ULTIMA 6 speed tranny | Harley Davidson Forums

ULTIMA 6 speed tranny

03hd4me

any of you folks have any experience with this product. i have one guy who swears his is best thing since sliced bread. another buddy (mechanic ) says he is fixing them all the time. for the price i could afford to break 3 of them to every H-D 6 speed once you count labor. so whatcha think??

because im a broke Edit white boy (no disrespect to anyone else) that's trying to spread his $$$ as far as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
because im a broke editwhite boy (no disrespect to anyone else) that's trying to spread his $$$ as far as possible.
Money thrown away is gone! Just the resale on a Baker makes it worth it.
2nd choice would be a S&S 6speed.
Or why not a HD 5 speed if cash will allow nothing else :dknow

any of you folks have any experience with this product. i have one guy who swears his is best thing since sliced bread. another buddy (mechanic ) says he is fixing them all the time. for the price i could afford to break 3 of them to every H-D 6 speed once you count labor. so whatcha think??

We've installed a lot of them with no problems until recently, they had problems with seals leking on the complete trannies. I just got back from Midwest's(Ultima) Dealers Open House and found out that they figured out what the problem was. They started heating up the primary bearing race instead of pressing it on. The heat was transfered to the shaft, taking out the quad seal. That problem is solved. The gearset cartridges were not affected!! Ultima is a very progressive company, always listening to their customers and dealers and they have some new engines and even are producing shovels now. If you go this route and have trouble getting the neutral light to work, PM me and I can give you the quick cure. Hope this helps

I would run an Ultima and have friends who like them. I'm told the gears are the same and why pay $1,300 more for the name.

I own 2 been kicken em hard for 2 years lil whiney noise in 6th gear but ive had good luck got a buddy put his expensive Baker on his shovel busted the next week but they fixed it as soon as they got it,just cause the price is low doesnt mean the quality is.By the way i beat the (edit) out of my one bike so im just sayin for me so far so good ill put 3 ultimas on the shelf before one baker, could care less about the name.Proven performer.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

I have installed a few of the units and have heard back that everyone loves them, a few had tried Rev Techs and just thru them away and went to the Ultimas, we did have one that had a main seal leak and a broken return spring and we called them up and they said hey it is still under warranty and they sent a new one right out and did an exchange just for the seal and spring "$10.00 parts", their customer service was great and I would not be afraid to install one in any bike and the best was they asked for the old MSO for the unit and they sent a new one out for the replacement and if we read it right that a new warranty went into effect from the replacement/swap date and was not retro dated back as the date of the first purchase so another year to try and break it on their dime

Back