free website stats program U.P. of Michigan | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

U.P. of Michigan

You need to visit first and make your own decision. But if I were going to move there it would be over by Lake Michigan. Worked up there some, visited alot, beautiful riding might be one of our prettiest states. That is hard to say coming from a buckeye!!

UP is beautiful, but cold and not very populated compared to other parts of the state. We visit up there a few times a year. Love to visit but not somewhere we would live on a regular basis.
I will second what Ratso said,
the fall and spring are beautiful but only last a few weeks, and the farther north you go the longer the winter seems to last and the shorter summer is.
Visit in the winter and in the summer before you make a decision to move there.

I don't know about living there, my brother lived in Soo Sault Marie for 5 years. I have memories of driving up to see him in the winter and having 4ft+ of snow in the left lane and on the shoulder. I find the superior coast beautiful, but in the winter it can be pretty nasty. I'd probably live as close to Marquette as possible, at least there is some civilization there.

Originally from the "Soo". I would of preferred to either live in Marguette or St. Ignace. You will have to love the winter because it is alot longer (8mths) compared to other states. I now live in the lower part of Michigan where there is longer summer months (6) AND alot more bike shops and things too do. plus you can cruise on down to Ohio,Indiana, or over to Canada for some nice roads and cruisin. Just my opinion.... I too go see my daughter in Florida now for 3 mths after x-mas and to ride longer also.:D

I wound up in Butler, PA and I'm enjoying my first 'Real' autumn, it's starting to get cold and I have started to collect additional winter clothes. I ordered a pair of waterproof winter boots with 2000 grams of thinsulate and wool blend socks.:newsmile033::newsmile078::small3d009:

Me and the wife have been thru PA and what we have seen of it is beautiful ! There seems to be alot of Trees,woods,forestry etc..........:
Infact, we plan on seeing other parts of PA soon. Hope you guys will enjoy it.
Good luck and God bless you Pennsylvanions!!................:bigsmiley23:

Autumn has been beautiful, since this town is in hill country the color was all around.
Winter is on its way.
I'm not a fan of big cities and this area is perfect for me. If you get the chance to visit PA look into Butler. I call it the town that time forgot.

We will check Butler out if we get that way.We feel the same way about big cities. Infact, we live in a town that is 1/2 mile long and that is it. A one street town and like it that way. thanks for the info. Happy Thanksgiving !:D

I think the UP is great.But I have a friend who's a postman there.They can have snow past May.Bet you'll be happier in Pa.where your at.

Back