free website stats program Type of oil and Harley Warranty | Harley Davidson Forums

Type of oil and Harley Warranty

SJ_Rider

I was searching but couldn't find anything specific regarding this: Could a HD warranty be voided if I use Mobile 1 instead of HD oil and if I do it myself vs paying the local 'stealer'? I'm hearing conflicting things from my riding buddies
Thanks for the info

And...get your bike's service manual when you pick up the HD oil filter so you've got self-service reference for many things you want to do when working on the scoot. One of the best things is self-satisfaction when you step back & enjoy the upgrade(s). Cheers!

As the others have said, using Mobil I V-Twin 20W-50 100% Syn motor oil will not void warranty. And yes, the benefit of doing it yourself is your best assurance that it is done right. Take the time to look in the Self Help Section and review Videos on the subject; prep and rehearse procedure (with an appropriate Service Manual to be sure) and you will be fine...the HD oil filter in black or chrome is just fine and inside of $10 at your local dealer is a bargain.

Thank you all for your feedback. I already picked up all the supplies needed (hd filter, o-ring, etc) and will grab the oil so I can do my change this Saturday. I was also thinking of making up a 'service log' for record keeping, making sure to follow the manual. I'll also be sure to read the report you provided
I appreciate the help

Back