free website stats program Two RKSE questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Two RKSE questions

I have the 2007 Road King SE with the rigid plastic lined bags. The windshield and the bag are QR for a lighter stealthier look. I took one of the bags off to get a feel for the look, but i was not thrilled with the stock shocks being black in color which makes them look a little odd with all of the chrome that the bike with standard. I looked into some upgrade options, but I want to get some opinions from the knowledgable folks here rather than take the dealerships parts department at thier word. I am not sure how often I would actually remove the bags, but more chrome and possibly a better quality shock to enhance ride quality can't be bad, right? what do you folks suggest?

Also,

I am going to need a new back tire soon. Do most of you stick with the factory Dunlops? How much wider can you go with stock SE wheels without causing any issues?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

I understand popping off a windshield or a tourpak to change looks but, in my opinion only, a bagger looks ridiculous without its saddlebags in place.

There is a company that makes a streamlined looking cover that goes over the shocks if you want to run without the bags but I can't remember their name.

I've seen shocks from a goldwing (Riceburner) that look just like the harley rear air shock's that are chrome, not sure if thier the same inside but they look the same, but they're chrome anyway.

Back