free website stats program Two questions... | Harley Davidson Forums

Two questions...

Stormrider51

The front fender of my 07 FLHTC has what I thought was a chrome trim piece on the bottom edge. I've noticed that it looks like it has aluminum corrosion on it. It other words there are bright and dull areas. So is the part chrome or aluminum?

Also, the left exhaust pipe has what may be burned-on plastic or rubber on it where it passes the passenger footboard. It was there when I bought the bike. I've never found a good way to get stuff like that off. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Storm

The fender tip is aluminum and can be polished up with something like never dull cotton wadding polish.

As far as the mark on the pipe, try lacquer thinners to dissolve it. Some have used oven cleaner but don't get it on anything but the spot or you will do damage. Dab it on with a rag after spraying the oven cleaner in the cap far away from the bike.

I use a pollish called wenol to pollish aluminum. it'll make it look like chrome

Oven cleaner, Pledge..My wife is going to kick my butt when all this stuff starts to leave the kitchen and end up in the garage! I have been telling her i do not know how to use that stuff...
"honey can you pick me up some pledge...and oven cleaner":rofl

Ohhhh DK... Thats how you do that? Tryed that with the laundry and guess what ...still doing it!
Not that I mind...Lets see, on the couch (only if the weather is bad) folding some clothes with a beer in my hand watchin the ever so crappy Falcons get their butts handed to them, she runs out to do some x-mass shopping...sounds good to me!
I will have to keep playing this game!:cheers
And she knows I am BIG time nuts!

Back