free website stats program Two into one | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Two into one

I had a V&H Propipe High Output on my 2010 Ultra Limited with 255 cams, V&H VO2 naked aircleaner and PC V. Fantastic performance. Only drawback was it was a bit loud. When cruisning along wearing the headsets so we could talk over the intercom, if you got to a hill where the cruise or your throttle hand increased the throttle, it would beller enough to key up the intercom. I had to set the sensitivity on the intercom quite high so the loud exhaust would not activate it(it has voice activated which is adjustable and PTT/push to talk). We finally just turned the voice actiavted off and used the push to talk feature so the loud exhaust wouldn't key it up. I am trading a trike in on my new 14 Limited which is sitting at the dealer waiting to be picked up. I just gutted tha cat and am running the stock mufflers for now. If I want more sound, I can always put the Propipe back on. The high output Propipe I have is black and has both the bungs for large and small O2 sensors. Overall very good performance and it looks nice, but like I said, it is a bit loud.:D

Generally speaking and all things being equal, a 2:1:2 system with a true merge collector has been showing to perform as well as a 2:1 system. By merge collector I refer to systems like Fuel Moto , V&H and Fullsac that merge the exhaust via an "X" pipe. I would not be concerned about giving away performance by running a 2:1:2 system vice a 2:1 provided the system was one of the afore mentioned or similar x-pipe systems. JMHO.
WAP.gif

I couldn't agree more......and those systems look very nice as well.:newsmile047:

I love my Black Thunderheaders. They add 10 horsepower to my Fat Bob. They are super loud. About 120 decibels when I first got it, but I've managed to tweak them down to 96 to be legal. Sprints and sounds like a rocket.

The chrome Thunderheaders are famous for problems with discoloration, and my black set is getting a touch of rust, but I'm not entering any contests for its looks. The guy at the stealer said I had a "Triple Black" Harley design; Denim Black tank & fenders, Glossy Black forks, crash guards, handlebar risers & rack, and a Krinkle Black finish on the Tranny. The pipes are flat black, but the heat shields are enamel and scavenger cone is getting rusty edges, so it fits. I added custom chrome pieces to protect my boot from the hot pipe because the enamel part was not available at the time.

:44:

ynotbiker-albums-thunderheader-picture10098-tonysfxdf2_1.jpg

Last edited:
Have you made any other mods on your fat bob

Just a Dobeck 3.5 EFI, and a screaming eagle air filter, which makes it a stage one. I use Mobile 1 motor oil, Spectro 6 gear transmission fluid and I put 4 ounces of Marvel Mystery oil into the oil tank 10 miles before I change it.

:44:

Back