free website stats program twincam88b tensoiners | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

twincam88b tensoiners

So, the bike is an earlier model and the motor is 88". You should consider pulling the heads, at least a multi-angle valve job, new guide seals and shave about .050" to get compression up to about 9.5 with a .030" head gasket. The compression boost will make a big difference in performance.

ehhhh not crazy about bumping up the compression...my next project is a set of heads from Revolution i contacted them today they have a head that works great on an 88 with mild cams

ehhhh not crazy about bumping up the compression...my next project is a set of heads from Revolution i contacted them today they have a head that works great on an 88 with mild cams

Rev Performance will set the heads up for whatever cam set you are running and will mill the head to achieve the compression "sweet spot" for the cam set.

Compression = torque; compression is you friend, just don't get carried away with it. A corrected CR of about 9.3-9.6 is the target for a street build. Static will be what it is; corrected is the target.

You would be better served to send your heads to BigBoyz for his "street" port job which will save big bucks at probably half the price of the RP heads with better results. Spend some of the savings on a set of 1.7 ratio rockers to get more lift out of those cams. JMHO.

Rev Performance will set the heads up for whatever cam set you are running and will mill the head to achieve the compression "sweet spot" for the cam set.

Compression = torque; compression is you friend, just don't get carried away with it. A corrected CR of about 9.3-9.6 is the target for a street build. Static will be what it is; corrected is the target.

You would be better served to send your heads to BigBoyz for his "street" port job which will save big bucks at probably half the price of the RP heads with better results. Spend some of the savings on a set of 1.7 ratio rockers to get more lift out of those cams. JMHO.

revolution quoted me a price $550 for there head work.to much?

revolution quoted me a price $550 for there head work.to much?

I don't know what they are doing but that is in the range of most porter for basic porting. Without a listing of the work scope, can't say if the price is right or not. Does the work include new valve guides? springs? larger intake valve? SERDI valve job? CCing heads and equalize chamber volume? decking?

Back