free website stats program twin cam 88 cams | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

twin cam 88 cams

Thanks again, more good info and thanks for the link to gmr. but I'm a little confused, what is the reason people are telling me to go with gear drive cams and is the andrews n conversion kit that much better than the original chain drive ?

Okay, Igot it, just a little dense sometimes, like the idea of the andrews n conversion, sounds like the way to go but not finding a 48 n, bingham are u sure thats the one ?

Just a suggestion, but you might want to verify that the Andrews kit comes with the high volume oil pump. I just did the conversion using the SE kit w/ the high volume pump, and I can tell a huge difference in operating temperature.

Okay, Igot it, just a little dense sometimes, like the idea of the andrews n conversion, sounds like the way to go but not finding a 48 n, bingham are u sure thats the one ?
Yes the Andrews 48 is available in the N conversion cam configuration.

http://www.andrewsproducts.com/PDF_files/catalog/5_ConversionCams-pg5.pdf

Note that it is listed requiring high lift springs but that doesn't apply to 05 & 06 models. They come with beehive springs which will handle up to .575" lift cams. The high lift springs are only required for 99-04 Twin Cam heads that can only accommodate up to .510" lift cams with stock springs.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to verify that the Andrews kit comes with the high volume oil pump. I just did the conversion using the SE kit w/ the high volume pump, and I can tell a huge difference in operating temperature.
Yes the conversion kit does come with the high volume oil pump.

I just wanted to say : I agree with R.Bingham.. He has Always given great suggestions.. I like the gear drives that i put into my 2ooo FXDS but that was before the New conversions were here.. I had to spring for a feuling oil pump and a Delkron cam plate and have the heads and Manley valves with their spring set up to use SS 570G cams,,, Pius a bunch of Other electrical stuff...

Today I would go with the New Hydraulic kits so you get ALL the needed parts to Up-Grade to todays TC engines.. EXAMPLE for price only,,, The HD KIT is 429$ .....

I paid More just for the better High volume oil pump and feuling lifters....

YES is the answer IF THEY LAST LONGER,,,(hydraulic tensioner) the Newer style Hydraulic tensioners LAST a long time.. NO chipping of ceramic to harm the oil pump or engine..

I had My 09 apart to do SE 255 cams and didn't bother putting any new ones in,,, as they had 14,000 miles on them and Still LOOKED New..

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks R. Bingham...

Back