free website stats program Turn Signals | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn Signals

jimvlv

Can someone please help me out.
I have a 93 softail, the right turn signals work fine but the left is non functional.
I have changed the bulbs. The front running light(left) now works but not the turn signal

Can someone please help me out.
I have a 93 softail, the right turn signals work fine but the left is non functional.
I have changed the bulbs. The front running light(left) now works but not the turn signal
Does each side have seperate fuses or relays?

Last edited:
Have you try to looking at wiring diagram?old standard softail have a microprocessor that takes input from the turn signal switches and the speedometer,it works like this...the microprocessor monitors the number of speed pulses from the speedo at pin #3...these pulses indicate distance traveled...when the number of pulses equal the quantity preset in the microprocessor's program, the turn signal is canceled.

Look up under your rear fender and you'll see an electrical panel... the turn signal module is the one at the top with the bolt in the center and an electrical connector on the left side nearest the drive belt...the one directly under that is the bank angle sensor (which will shut your motor off in the event of a spill) and the master circuit breaker is to the right of the bank angle sensor.

It seems it's a fairly complex system built into the bikes computer chips or something. It looks at several things, such as time so that it will eventually shut off if you forget to turn, gear change activity and tilt.

Does each side have seperate fuses or relays?
Normally yes for standard softail.

Jam

Back