free website stats program Turn Signals not working | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn Signals not working

Kenr427

Account Removed
I have an 02 FLHTCI and the turn signals stopped working, I have checked all bulbs, fuses, etc... and have come to the conclusion it must be the TS/SCM. I can buy one at CHicago HD for under 200 bucks, my question is, can I replace it relatively easy? I have no major mods done to the bike ...stock breather & pipes. Is there another way to fix it without replacing the tsscm? The security system works fine still.

How about your speedo, is it working? If no the problem is the VSS on the transmission. Do the directionals light and not blink or nothing at all?

speedo works fine, lights flash when security system is activated, but does nothing at all when you try to use the turn signals

Check fuses yet with a test lamp, both ends of each fuse with key ON? You say they flash when the security system sets?

Fuses good, work and flash for the security system, but the turn signals will not work on their own

At this point, I would check the wiring harness for breaks and suspect the TSSM as a last resort. Check around the neck of the frame where the harness is being twisted with turns of the bars.A factory service manual will have the wiring diagrams in it for this.

You can also use a TSM to replace the TSSM if you are not concerned about the alarm . It is a plug in device with both.

If you change the TSSM, you will have to marry it to the bike in order for the bike to run.

Marrying New TSSM To Bike - Harley Davidson Community

I have power on the turn signal "in" on the tsscm, but nothing coming out. Is the tsm cheaper than the tssm?

Also, where can I find a TSM, can't seem to find it listed anywhere. Thanks for you help and quick responses!

You may be able to find one on EBay but I would be very careful buying electrical parts there.

Your dealer should be able to get one for you or someplace like Zanotti's that will give you 20% off the price.

The TSM is cheaper but you forfeit the alarm system by going to a TSM from a TSSM.

Zanotti Parts

Ok..I have a flhtc did all test checked all bulbs, checked all wiring grounds and I have left turn and Emergency lights but no right turn signal, Harley said TSM was bad so after 130.00 I have replaced the TSM and still doesn't work,, any Ideas would help.....

Back