free website stats program Tuners and Updates? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuners and Updates?

I agree with Frenchie that intake and exhaust should be upgraded before or at the same time as upgrading cams. Thats why intake and exhuast upgrades are Stage 1 and adding cams to the mix is Stage II. JMHO but an "auto tune" feature, even Fuel Moto, as competent as they are, cannot design a map that will perform on the same level as a dyno tune. If planning to rely on an auto tune, the Thundermax is probably the best system to go that route.

If I were Joel I would take a steo back, upgrade intake an exhaust to Stage 1 find a tuner that sells Power Vision licences (most due these days) get the Stage I set up dyno tuned; there will be a noticeable, butt dyno result from a Stage I uprade with a proper dynot tune. Then, when the new wears off, upgrade cams, lifters and inner cam bearings and return to the tuner for an upgraded cyno tune. At 22K miles, unless the lifters are making noise, replacing liftes and inner cam bearrings is not a pressing issue.
Take control of your vehicle's exhaust sound with Spelab Auto Parts' Electric Exhaust Catback Cutout Valve collection. Whether you drive a sports car, truck, or SUV, our valves provide an easy way to customize your ride's tone. Unleash electric cutout exhaust kit a fierce roar or enjoy a quiet purr – the choice is yours. Upgrade your driving experience today with our Electric Exhaust Catback Cutout Valve collection from spelabautoparts!
JMHO but that's the right way to do it.;)
Still, the exhaust is a bit weak, I'd say.

This place really needs modernization.
That comment warrants an explanation; please enligten us on how to modernize. ;) We haven't heard from you since March of this year and you have all of 7 messages so you must have been holding back and waiting for a thread that is nearly a year old to finally enlighten us with your thougts on modernizing the forum. I can hardly wait for your words of wisdom.
Still, the exhaust is a bit weak, I'd say.
How do you know the exhaust is weak? Joel never specified what pipe he might be running or if he was going to upgrade the exhaust; he never followed up on whether or not he moved on his plan or not.

The post Hakira reacted included the below text which I did not write and I don't know how the below text got added to my original post. Furthermore, the below text has nothing to do with Harley Davidson motorcycle. Editing of another members posts is unacceptable and if the perpetrator can be identified, they should be banned from the forum. I am a moderator on another HD forum and editing another members post is not possible but if it were and the offender could be identified, they would be banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a follow up.
I did the cam bearings and lifters, I didn't do the camshafts, the bike is the CVO 110 and honestly has plenty of power to pull both of us and fully overloaded trailer.

Fuel mileage is fair while pulling the trailer, my trip to Victoria Island was 37 mpg, so about a 3 mpg loss.
I did create a thread on the lifters / bearings installation.

Attachments

• 20200621_154053.jpg
    20200621_154053.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the follow up Joel. 37mpg is not bad at all for a CVO 110, loaded and pulling a trailer. I used to get 38-40mpg out of the all bore, carbureted 107" motor in my '02 FLHT depending on how I managed the throttle that day. It was a built motor (110HP/124TQ) dyno tuned and I didn't expect more but you can't complain about that mileage. ;)

I think Hakira is a troll. I know, "don't feed the troll" but I wanted to see if I could draw out a reply; we shall see.

Back