free website stats program Trying To Keep Busy How About You | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trying To Keep Busy How About You

Rich, I agree with everything and have stated pretty much the same in conversations. The rate it can spread is overwhelming. I fortunately have not had the test, however I have seen the swab being done recently and even had to do a few in nursing school. I dropped nursing because I get sick around sick/injured people. For example, you can break an arm and I get to hurl. Most recently experienced this in the recovery room after my husband's hip replacement. So no, you don't get used to it...as so many people tried to convince me to stay in nursing...that was 30 years ago. :)

On a lighter note, I got so bored having recently retired with full intentions of doing some motorcycle camping that I got my chrome polish out and did all the mirrors in the bathroom. My wife asked me if I was bored .:D

coopernicus:
You lucky, lucky person.
If that’s all you have to do!

I have run out of excuses and now must do a significant service on my Triumph T595.
Check and adjust the 12 valves( at least the shims are above the buckets); balance the throttle bodies; replace the plugs and air filter; replace the coolant; replace all the IAC hoses; replace the stupid plastic quick disconnect fuel fittings; grease the wheel bearings, the swing arm bearings, the suspension linkages; the head bearings; change the fork fluid; change oil and filter etc.etc.
Sounds easy: there’s a good day’s work in stripping it down just to start with the valves.

I used to really enjoy; even look forward to stuff like this. Now, i’d rather sit and read.
To make it worse, my Honda CBX also requires a valve check/adjustment and carbs balanced.
I hate others working on my bikes: now I hate me working on my bikes.
Maybe I should give up and take up knitting.

Maybe a somewhat flippant post in this dire period: but I gotta let off some tension.

If my fingers were better I might be doing some knitting myself.
We closed our shop down on 4/01/20 mainly for health reasons but also with the stay home stay safe order our phones basically stopped ringing unless it was a recorded sales from Google stating they can't find us and we need to follow the prompts to someone wanting to empty my wallet.
We are considered a essential business being an auto repair shop but we need to think of our health. We have been spraying and wiping everything we touch with disinfectant but we found out 1 customer does work at a elderly care facility in Spokane and that's where in the state of Washington COVID19 came to light over in Seattle.
The numbers here are climbing not like major cities but enough we are concerned.
Stay healthy stay safe.

coopernicus:
You lucky, lucky person.
If that’s all you have to do!

I have run out of excuses and now must do a significant service on my Triumph T595.
Check and adjust the 12 valves( at least the shims are above the buckets); balance the throttle bodies; replace the plugs and air filter; replace the coolant; replace all the IAC hoses; replace the stupid plastic quick disconnect fuel fittings; grease the wheel bearings, the swing arm bearings, the suspension linkages; the head bearings; change the fork fluid; change oil and filter etc.etc.
Sounds easy: there’s a good day’s work in stripping it down just to start with the valves.

I used to really enjoy; even look forward to stuff like this. Now, i’d rather sit and read.
To make it worse, my Honda CBX also requires a valve check/adjustment and carbs balanced.
I hate others working on my bikes: now I hate me working on my bikes.
Maybe I should give up and take up knitting.

Maybe a somewhat flippant post in this dire period: but I gotta let off some tension.
Hey I feel for you cause I wouldn’t want to do that! I’m already dreading when I need new tires! Always do it myself.

Back