free website stats program Trunk or touring bag for a Softail | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trunk or touring bag for a Softail

I've been considering that one myself for my Heritage. really would like to see the pics and your thoughts on installation when you are done. Currently I'm using an Iron Rider bag as a trunk strapped to the luggage rack, I leave it on all the time. re: TP extra large tour pak

I use a bag from Jafrum.com on my Heritage. It holds more than most of the trunks and is a lot cheaper. Not sure I like the looks of a trunk on a softail.

on my softail i use a large HD roll bag which doesn't look too bad and works great for a weekend trip. where as my buddy uses a Tbag on his Dyna

Attachments

• DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 62
I've been considering that one myself for my Heritage. really would like to see the pics and your thoughts on installation when you are done. Currently I'm using an Iron Rider bag as a trunk strapped to the luggage rack, I leave it on all the time. re: TP extra large tour pak
Absolutely I'll post some pics. It should arrive tomorrow (Fri Sept 28th) or Monday. A riding buddy of mine that has a 2009 Heritage is equally interested in seeing it mounted.

I like what I see... Could you take a picture of that with you bike? Thanks!
Will do. The wife is equally excited about the larger back rest, especially for those long rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trunk bag arrived yesterday. Rain all day to day so it was a good day to put it on.

Had to remove the sissy bar first. Then it was a matter of finding the best loacation front to back for the wife, and use the various hardware to mount it to the back rack. It really is a two person job so thankfully my neighbor and riding buddy was around to assist.

It really changes the look (I like it) especially with the chrome rack on top (glad I got it). Some day I may get it painted to match the tins.

Quality is good and the finish was excellent.

Here are the pics

Attachments

• TB3.png
    TB3.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 81
  • TB2.png
    TB2.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Tb5.png
    Tb5.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 73
  • TB8.png
    TB8.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 78
  • TB1.png
    TB1.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 76
Re: Trunk or touring bag for a Softail (Installed)

Sun was out today so here are some higher resolution pics in the sunlight.:bigsmiley12:

Attachments

• DSC02790.jpg
    DSC02790.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02793.jpg
    DSC02793.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC02796.jpg
    DSC02796.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02805.jpg
    DSC02805.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC02808.jpg
    DSC02808.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 73
I have that same trunk, but I still have yet to figure out how to get two full face helmets in there.

Back