true trac.

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by fattyboy, Oct 24, 2009.

1. fattyboy

fattyboy Active Member

2001 roadking around 75-80 bike go's into to a big wobble, still has dunlop's on , will the true trac help.

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

get ride of the dunlops and any stablizer will help .. i have the rev tech helped a ton .. getting ride of the junk dunlops helped even more

3. fattyboy

fattyboy Active Member

Yes i have checked the wear and the are fine. I guess i better go to the met's.

4. btsom

btsom Active Member

Checked tire balance and steering pre-load, and wheel bearings? I had a wobble, fortunately at 35 mph, and my steering pre-load was fine by the book. After checking alignment and balancing the wheels, the wobble remained. I tightened the steering bearings, and all is wonderful again.

5. bassbum

bassbum Member

Might also check spokes for braekage and tightness. I had a couple of them loose and had a wobble at 55mph.

6. lv2ride56

lv2ride56 Member

True Track works great. When the stock Dunlops wear out put on the Elite3 which are amazing improvement over stock Dunlops.

7. btsom

btsom Active Member

Thought of these later- The front engine mount and the lower link rubber parts might be deteriorated and softened from years of oil changes, at least worth a look.