free website stats program True duals or not true dual | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

True duals or not true dual

Not on my setup, but I added the SEPST and trued up the front/rear VE tables very soon after the TD install. Silky smooth in the cruise range and normal vibration at idle.

I have Reinhart's true dual on my 03 FLHTPI, SE air cleaner and Power Commander. Awesome sound, great performance. My only issue has been with the black color fading. Took care of that by power coating the heat shields in a semi gloss and painting the mufflers with high temperature gloss black. Since the rest of the bike is vivid black the gloss mufflers under the bags look great.

I have Fullsac header and Reinhart slip ons. Runs great and sounds good. Really barks when you nail it at about 3k rpm. Next project 103 and 255 cams coming next month. YA YA

My 2010 FLHTCU with V&H Dresser Duals and the new Rinehart 4" slipons, V&H FuelPac, Arlen Ness Big Sucker stage one air cleaner. Major difference in heat. I show it to run 20 degrees cooler using an infrared temp gauge using AMSOIL 20/50 and Amsoil Severe Gear 75/110.
IMHO, not enough testing has been done on air cooled engines running CATS. I bought this bike new in Tallahassee on vacation after my 07 RK lost a tranny and before I got down to Tampa I thought I was going to have roasted oysters. Took off the lowers to get more air on the engine with no appreciable results. Rode back home to Illinois and change the pipes right away...WOW what a difference in the way it runs, starts, fuel milage and the difference in how much cooler it runs blew me away. Now I have a beautiful Ultra that I can love to ride without getting sterilized.

Back