free website stats program TruckLites phase 7 LED lights | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TruckLites phase 7 LED lights

@Rmac: If you go to the Eastern Performance website then enter 2249, 2247 into the search field, then click on the first item - phase 7 headlights and passing lights $369, it will take you to the page showing the full set. At the bottom it says they won't work properly with 2013 softail models.

There must be some difference in 2013 softail models compared to other models such as your buddies road glide ultra. Eastern Performance mention the softail only, no others.

Thanks for the info.. I think I'll have to contact supplier direct for further confirmation as you suggest.

Update:
I bought a set of Kuryakyn phase 7 lights because the kuryakyn catalog listed them as suitable for 2013 FLSTC. Unfortunately this is not the case. All 3 lights easily fit and plug in but the CANBUS warning/ alarm warning lamp stays on all the time. This is because the bike is expecting a far greater load current draw than it is seeing, so it thinks a bulb has blown or something else wrong and lights up the warning light.

I spoke to kuryakyn, they have no plans to modify the lights or to release an adapter or anything to make them work. The resistors available on eBay etc are far too big and get too hot to easily locate anywhere near the headlamp or passing lamps.

The HD daymaker lights must have the correct load for the system to work properly, because they work with 2013 FLSTC according to HD website. So anyone with a 2013 FLSTC would probably be better going for the daymakers if you want to fit LED lights.

Hi Vic,
Just got the latest details from HD Jersey. They now stock LED headlights.
This is the email I received today (hope it is of some help to you):

The good news is that Harley-Davidson are now supplying genuine homologated “E” marked headlights which are available on our website.

They are available in both 5 ¾ and 7 inch.

5 ¾ inch:

The part number for the 5 ¾” in chrome is 67700144 and for black it’s 67700145.

7 inch:

Part number for the 7” is 67700189 (Compatibility: P/N 67700189 – Fits ‘14-later Touring models and ‘91-later FLS, FLSTC, FLSTF and FLSTN models. ‘14 Touring and trike models require separate purchase of appropriate Wiring Harness, P/N 69200897. Does not fit Softail® models equipped with the Headlamp Nacelle Kit.)

Or 67700173 (Fits ‘12-later FLD models, ‘92-‘13 Touring and Trike models (except Road Glide®), and ‘94-later FL Softail® models equipped with the Headlamp Nacelle Kit. Kit includes mounting ring assembly.)

4 inch Auxiliary

Also available are the 4” LED Auxiliary lights P/N 68000075 which fit models with 4-inch round auxiliary forward lighting.

All these products are now available to buy online at VAT Free Harley Davidson Parts - Jersey Harley-Davidson

The majority of these products will be available from the beginning of next September so get them ordered now to avoid disappointment later!

Regards, Tom

Back