free website stats program Transmission | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission

mslider

When down shifting, my transmission locked up. I was not moving fast. The starter will engage but will not turn over. Is there an easy way to free it up?

It sounds to me that you have some other issue, with the clutch pulled in the bike should start even if the tranny is in gear.IMO.

Yes, IF it isn't the clutch giving a Problem, You should be able to start the bike in gear with the clutch fully pulled..

Some times the DRAG against the clutch pates will make it hard at first to start the bike.. Breaking them loose by moving the bike MAY help.
(clutch handle pulled).

Lots of maybe's but first off IF the tranny is stuck in Two gears, it may be a shifting fork problem.

Can the bike Move when the clutch is pulled IF SO it should start with the starter when the clutch is loose.

signed....BUBBIE

Another thought ,IT could be a compensator or a bad chain calked ???? Lots to look at. IF all the above fails to help,,,,I would start on the removal of the outer Primary cover. & LOOK WHY it won't turn over with clutch pulled...

When down shifting, my transmission locked up. I was not moving fast. The starter will engage but will not turn over. Is there an easy way to free it up?

Welcome to The Forum, Do you have a factory manual? If not I would get one and as Bubbie said pull the primary cover to see what is going on there first

Back