free website stats program Transmission | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission

Chuck60,

Yours Might need the glider adjustment on the primary chain. Mine was Loose when I first got it and I did THIS below adjustment In 3 gear and a little faster,it tightened right to the Normal tightness needed.

Link
Harley Davidson Community

signed....BUBBIE

Even thou the bike is bran new I will drain it tomorrow and put in new tranny fluid. I can't get red line around here, in my old bike I used gear saver. what is good to put in it.

Re: Transmission oil level

I resently post this on another forum:
I see a lot of posts by riders not able to read transmission oil level on dip stick. I solves the problem on my 07 Ultra by drilling 2 small holes (1/16 drill) in the dip stick. I used my drill press. (Be sure to clean out the drill shaving after drilling holes). You will be able to see the level as the oil will fill the holes. With this you can still use your favorite oil. See pictures.

Attachments

• DSC03342 (800x450).jpg
    DSC03342 (800x450).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC03333 (800x450).jpg
    DSC03333 (800x450).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 46
Thanks... The X like you drilled into is a good spot as it has some X-tra strength also Just from the way the casting is made.:D

IF a moderator could help by putting that into the self help area...:bigsmiley12:
Darn good suggestion...

signed....BUBBIE

I resently post this on another forum:
I see a lot of posts by riders not able to read transmission oil level on dip stick. I solves the problem on my 07 Ultra by drilling 2 small holes (1/16 drill) in the dip stick. I used my drill press. (Be sure to clean out the drill shaving after drilling holes). You will be able to see the level as the oil will fill the holes. With this you can still use your favorite oil. See pictures.

Careful - these dipsticks have been known to break due to the cheap casting. I cut mine down and use it for a plug only and have a spare to check the level. Spectro and Redline are both excellent oils for the transmission and are very easy to read the dipstick.

Careful - these dipsticks have been known to break due to the cheap casting. I cut mine down and use it for a plug only and have a spare to check the level. Spectro and Redline are both excellent oils for the transmission and are very easy to read the dipstick.

I checked my stick very carefully and it is well cast and solid. I through about changing to a oil with some color so it would be easy to read.
I figured there has got to be a better and cheaper way to do this. I have no problem with the lubricant I now use. Old saying: "There is always more than one way to skin a cat". If you want to change to a lubricant with color, do it.
This is just another option.

Back