free website stats program Transmission,Clutch and Primary Products - Ontario Canada | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission,Clutch and Primary Products - Ontario Canada

dangerdan

This thread is aimed at Ontario Canada HD riders but all are welcome.

I just came back from our local Canadian Tire Store. We have 3 in our area.
I had to drive to all 3 just to find 4 litres of Mobil V Twin motorcycle (synthetic) oil. I have searched the net for local dealers , NOTHING.

I dont want to order oil thru the net as I got ripped off once. I didnt have to pay, but it was a real hassle to get it straigthened out with VISA.

1) I use HD + formula in the primary ... Easily obtained at the local HD dealer.

2) I use Mobil V Twin motorcycle (synthetic) oil in the engine. The problem is unless, I buy this in the winter it is nearly impossible to find.

3) TRANSMISSION OIL .. I AM STILL LOOKING AND GETTING NO WHERE !!
Lucus Oil (SVG)
Royal Purple Gear Oil (SVG)
Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum Gear Oil
Mobil 1 Gear Oil (SVG)
Redline Heavy Gear Oil (SVG)

What do you guys use and where do you get it .
:thanks

We dont have an Autozone or Kmart here, but my wife suggested a trip to Buffalo NY ..

So both of us are going next Thursday.
I will also be checking out the AV Lubricants-Your ExxonMobil Oil Distributor! site just in case.

:worthy

Call Royal Purple at (888) 382-6300 for all of your lube. I am from Vancouver and their main supplier here did not carry Royal Purple Cycle Max (new motorcycle oil) and the folks at Royal Puple advised to use their regular 20W 50 in my '07 FLSTC. Cycle Max is new but most Harley folks have been using regular 20W 50 since the early 1990's.

Rmac thanks for the reply.

I have added the Royal purple # to my list.

Still looking for Quality tranny fliud

Google for your local Amsoil dealer or become one. I use Amsoil in all three holes, no need to buy different oils and V-twin Cafe says Amsoil is better then Mobil.

Beware of the Amsoil hype machine.
They have purchased and/or started countless websites to spout their propaganda.
It MAY be a good product. If their oil is a slick as their marketing that is.

I am just north of Toronto and can find Mobil V Twin in about three different Canadian Tire Stores, but I had to order the Spectro through a small bike shop.($25 litre)Davies HD in Richmond Hill would bring in the Spectro but only by the case.

Back