free website stats program Transmission and Brake Lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission and Brake Lights

Good Day Everyone,

Just curious to know what you all this about this idea...

Wouldn't it be nice if every time you downshifted, your brake lights would active, letting the tailgating cager know that you are slowing down!

I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice.

Regards,

Good Day Everyone,

Just curious to know what you all this about this idea...

Wouldn't it be nice if every time you downshifted, your brake lights would active, letting the tailgating cager know that you are slowing down!

I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice.

Regards,

interesting idea, can never have enough visibility

Off the top of my head, I've had to downshift from 6th to 5th(or 4th) to go up a mountain. Not slowing down, just trying to get more power to the rear wheel.
I've let the cage know I was slowing down by lightly applying the brake a few times and "flash" him to get his/her attention.

JBC2565,

Here in Southern California, especially in the stop and go traffic, it would be nice to have the brake lights come on automatically.

I do tap my brakes and use hand signals as well.

Brakelight hooked to a relay hooked to an accelerometer or inertia device would do it.

JBC2565,

Here in Southern California, especially in the stop and go traffic, it would be nice to have the brake lights come on automatically.

I do tap my brakes and use hand signals as well.

To expand on the thought. How about a toggle switch so you can turn the feature on/off when you're not in traffic. Or a level, so the bike will know if you're going up or down a mountain.
I'm about an hour from DC and understand about traffic when I head to the city. Always look in the mirror at a light to see the person behind me stopping or not.

Last edited:
Quick, patent it Don.

If you ever saw what the patent office now requires and the legal fees involved you would not even go there. Add to that the infinite ways to circumvent a patent, unless you can invent something everyone needs, just not worth the time or $$$.

Back