free website stats program trans fluid leak | Harley Davidson Forums

trans fluid leak

hotrodjohn

I notice I am leaking trans fluid out of the shifter pawl centering screw. What's the fix?y
WAP.gif

I'm thinkin loosen ,clean ,silicone and vacuum hose attached to trans oil fill hole. Tighten screw. Hopefully with primary on.
WAP.gif

I notice I am leaking trans fluid out of the shifter pawl centering screw. What's the fix?y
WAP.gif

Is this the screw with a lock nut?

Is this the screw in the middle of the cover Locked with a nut?

If nut is missing that may be the problem... Going off memory now.... my 2000 FXDS

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
No lock nut but none pictured in the service manual

I looked in my 2ooo book and saw nothing, have you taken it out?

My 2ooo FXDS is different "it does" have a adjustment for the shifter and a Lock Nut.. sorry I can't help you, with that picture Others may come to the rescue..

signed....BUBBIE

second thought .. If it is just to tighten try Blue lock tight..

I took a #50 torx. cut it about 1/2" long. Drill hole in 3/16" steel and weld it on the backside. Bend to accommodate. Had trans drained because I am putting on a longer clutch cable (which dennis kirk sent the wrong one and I didnt figure till it was on:newsmile08:, wrong travel length) I backed out the bolt to expose threads,Brakeclean threads, pluged vent hose and had a buddy hold the shop vac over the trans filler hole as I lubed up the bolt with silicone. Sucked it right in and tighten it up with homemade tool:D

two more

Attachments

• IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0333.jpg
    IMAG0333.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0336.jpg
    IMAG0336.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
HotrodJohn
There's nothing like fixing stuff yourself - in particular with a home-made tool that works. That's in sync with my version of true Harley spirit...

Back