free website stats program tranny fluid level | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

tranny fluid level

JMHO but you are running the best trans lube available and should notice a difference in shifting; lest noise/clunk and easier shifting.

Do you think Redline is that much better than Spectro GL5??? I've used both and really can't tell the difference, except when riding in the hot Texas summers I can smell the Redline while riding.

Do you think Redline is that much better than Spectro GL5??? I've used both and really can't tell the difference, except when riding in the hot Texas summers I can smell the Redline while riding.

Short answer is yes; here's why. Spectro GL5 is 80W90; Redline Shockproof Heavy has a film thickness greater than 75W250 but fluid friction like 75W90. Shockproof will "stick" and resist sling off better than GL5. Some techs believe that Shockproof is too heavy to properly lubricate the main/counter shaft needle bearings but I can attest, having seen mine, that the needle bearings are very well lubricated with Shockproof. Some will run Shockproof with a mix of a lighter lube like Spectro to address the needle bearing concern; I don't believe it an issue.

I was checking mine on the frame lift and the front tire comes off the ground befire the back making it sit tilted back enough for a false reading. I put 20 oz of redline in and took it for a warmup. Back on the stand and did not touch the stick. Lowered it on both tires and leveled it was at the add mark. Added an ounce or two and now full.

Back