free website stats program Tranny fluid change | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tranny fluid change

Before I went toDelmarva Bike Week I changed all the fluids on the bike, I wasn't able to get any Spectro 6 speed lube at that time so instead I went withh Mobile 1 75/90 lube. On the way down I heard some weird whining and then I remembered the 5th gear whine on the 6 speeds. Before I changed to the m1 lube I was using spectro in the trans, and I never heard the whine with it. Well I only had the Mobile 1 in for around 1200 miles the dealer got some more in today so I picked a qt up and changed it back to spectro. Gonna grab another qt so I don't run into the same problem next time.
The stuff does work.

I have always used the HDformula+ in my other bikes, but i am going to try the redline v-twin trannie fluid in this one at the 1st service. I see that the spectro is very popular here,if the redline isnt a noticeable difference than i too will try the spectro.

Same with me, and happy with the results!!:D Thanks to Glider and all who convinced me with your very informative post on the Spectro! :newsmile075: Now I am trying to convince one of the local dealers to carry it.......:57:

Ditto, as well as. Did it myself today and just got back from my first ride since doing it. It is a simple, quick change that is worth doing.

Neil

I went with Lucas 75w/140 at the 1,000 k service, went with Redline V twin tranny fluid at 10,000 k service. Big difference 5th gear whine virtually gone with the Redline you have to listen for it now. But the D407's diffinently whine.

The Spectro platinum is a GL5 where as the other Spectro for 5 speeds is a GL1. You can use either in the 5 speed trans.

Back