free website stats program Trailer ride for a new Ultra Limited | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailer ride for a new Ultra Limited

I use 7 pull em tight tie downs with 7 short double loop straps (Walmart) and a wheel chock. Its easier to attach to the short double loops once they are installed

1 goes around the front wheel and attaches to the frame
2 attach to the Triple trees (careful to not pinch any wiring) to the front
2 attach to the front frame and over the crash bars to the front
2 attach to rear crash bars to the back

I try not to compress the suspension too much.

I go to the back of the trailer when I am all finished and compare the Harley emblem on the tourpack to the ramp bars and make adjustments to make sure it straight. It goes pretty fast and the redundancy gives me some peace of mind. I've done less but find I am thinking about it too much when I drive. Enjoy the beach - Bob

I use 7 pull em tight tie downs with 7 short double loop straps (Walmart) and a wheel chock. Its easier to attach to the short double loops once they are installed

1 goes around the front wheel and attaches to the frame
2 attach to the Triple trees (careful to not pinch any wiring) to the front
2 attach to the front frame and over the crash bars to the front
2 attach to rear crash bars to the back

I try not to compress the suspension too much.

I go to the back of the trailer when I am all finished and compare the Harley emblem on the tourpack to the ramp bars and make adjustments to make sure it straight. It goes pretty fast and the redundancy gives me some peace of mind. I've done less but find I am thinking about it too much when I drive. Enjoy the beach - Bob

Better safe than sorry brother!!!!! :s

If you don't put the alarm in transport mode and just leave the fob on the bike, you will run your bike battery down as the security system continualy gets alerted by movement, checks for a fob, gets a signal, and goes back to sleep. Only to be awakened again in about 2 sec when the trailer hits another expansion joint, over and over and over again. Dead battery results.

Thanks for the tip. When I just left it in the tour pack I never saw the turn signals flash at all and I was pulling it at night but I'll put it transport mode from now on, it only takes a second or two.

besure to get the front shocks compressed good.thats what mainly keeps them positioned rear just so they dont move .in pickups i just do the front.if u use rachet type tie it in a knot behind the rachet they do loosen up

Back