free website stats program Trailer designs | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailer designs

harley@16

I'm thinking of entering the trailer hauling ranks but being the glutten for punishment that I am I want to build one myself, from scratch. How many guys have done this and what advise would you give. I've looked at components, ie. axles, tongues, hitches, and wheels/tires, but I know there has got to be tons of sights out there with resources that may be hard to find with general search parameters.
Thanks in advance,
Harley.

I agree. I found a like new 2001 Cycle Mate on Craigslist for $1000 a month ago. It is totally cool and has all the chrome goodies on it. The problem with building your own, is getting the axle in just the right spot, being able to keep the trailer weight low but still strong enough to haul what you want to take. I would ebay or craigslist the the heck out of your computer until you find one. Don't be afraid to look in neighboring states either. That's what I did. The best matching trailer for H-D is the American Legend. The shape of the trailer matches the Ultra saddlebags. Plus they use H-D fenders, rims and lights on them.

Back