free website stats program Touring Twin Cam Engine Geneology Matrix | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Twin Cam Engine Geneology Matrix

OK here is the latest version. I have called it R1.1 just to differentiate from earlier.
Once again I would be happy to hear about any discrepancies or errors or suggested additions.
I know it is incomplete because I was not able to find all the year to year upgrades forums.

Attachments

• TWIN CAM TOURING GENEOLOGY R1.1.docx
    18.9 KB · Views: 3
Just a quick scan as I have the technical forums archived but I did notice a couple of errors. The better flowing heads were introduced in 2006, not 2007. The new drop in 4" cylinders will drop in to any TC88 case going back to '99; more $$ than boring to 95" but a quick way to jump from 88" to 100". Just the cylinders, the pistons will not work with the 4" stroke but there are pistons available, so technically not an error in the geneology; just a twist on the parts.;)

OK all comments noted so far and I am working on a further revision. Thanks!
dolt, I use IE11 but cant seem to open that file. I signed in to box, but it wont let me open it.
It looks like a powerpoint file, which I would be OK with, but of course they are huge files unless zipped.
Rod

OK all comments noted so far and I am working on a further revision. Thanks!
dolt, I use IE11 but cant seem to open that file. I signed in to box, but it wont let me open it. It looks like a powerpoint file, which I would be OK with, but of course they are huge files unless zipped.Rod

Rod,
I told you the file could not be down loaded with IE11. Use Google/Chrome and it will down load. The file is 50mb; I have no trouble down loading with Google/Chrome. Once down loaded, you should be able to convert it to a .pdf file and, if you choose, you can create separate .pdf files for each model or delete the pages related to the models you are not interested in.

OK attached is a newer revision called R1.2
It has all the updates I have been able to find so far, but I know it is far from complete or comprehensive.
Once again I would be happy to hear about any discrepancies or errors or suggested additions.
Cheers. :D

Attachments

• TWIN CAM TOURING GENEOLOGY R1.2.docx
    18.9 KB · Views: 3
Whew; tough crowd! :confused:
This was never intended to be all inclusive or comprehensive. It is rather just a bird's eye view of what I consider to be the main evolutionary trends, all in one place for easy reference. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Tell you what though, rather than fight city hall, if any moderators are reading, could you please just kill this whole thread?
Thanks.
Hey Rod,
It's all good. You will learn a lot from this crowd. One of these days, I'd like to get a Harley book with each Harley that was ever produced with photos and specs. You know? Like a big Haley encyclopedia. I've seen them in book stores.

Back