free website stats program Touring full exhaust on a Fxr-80 evo. | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring full exhaust on a Fxr-80 evo.

Jonk777

Is it possibile to put a touring exhaust on a Fxr 80 evo motor 1990. And if so, would the exhaust fit on the left side under the bike. In front of the rear tire.

I'm not really sure what exhaust you're asking about but I think the answer is no...and yes. No, the exhaust you are visualizing in your mind is not available in the market place. Yes, with some effort you can build this exhaust yourself, or with many dollars you can have a fab shop build it for you. I hope its not against the rules to link to another forum but jonk and I seem to be the only active fxr posters on this forum. The following link is to chop cult, mostly people building choppers and cafe racers but under the heading American bike builds you'll find a thread titled anything FXR. There you'll find a much larger fxr community and a lot of those guys have built their own exhausts. this is by far the better website but for fxr owners that is a great thread.Chop Cult

If you know of someone that can make customized exhaust you might be in luck. They could make the front pipes and you could size the outlets to accept the touring mufflers. First you have to figure out how you are going to hang exhaust to bike and if there is enough height to accept mufflers to go under swing arm like a touring bike. I would bet the cost would far out weigh any benefit both in looks and performance....

It would look and sound good BUT the cost and fabrication will be long and expensive

Back