free website stats program Touring Bike Wobble | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Bike Wobble

Speaking about pushing a bike to it's limits, just remember Smitty rides in snow...so maybe he pushes the riding skills to the limit just for fun and a certain rider 'cross the pond who also does both (riding to the limit that is).:lolrolling

Part of the problem is shops whether HD or Indy see all the problems and by the very work they do gives the warped impression "--they all do it" if they see more than one with the same problem instead of taking into account the thousands of riders with similar bikes who don't. While experience will show some overall trends, the fact still remains that there are statistically many 1,000's of satified riders for every single point of failure with a disatisfied user.

I have had the wobble with my 99 RKC, but I have found that if I make sure the rear shocks are set high enough, I have progressive coil over shocks on the rear, then I don't seam to feel the wobble, when I had the air shocks on the bike same thing, if I let the air pressure get low would feel the wobble, but I have been thinking of reinstalling the air shocks just to see if I can get a better ride, not sure if I gave them a chance before.
Terry

i cant say if the 09 still have the same probs but there are true tracs and stuff out there for 09 + now so someone is buying them

just fuel fire i fyou ride any bike like a muppet it will kick and buck thru a corner, a great big touring bike like the glides and kings is not really meant to go thru corners at warp speed, yes they will and i have had no issue with mine upto and past 120...................but get the tire pressures and the loadings slightly wrong and the suspension wrong and i just hope your insurance both bike and life are upto date, my 09 glide with the slightest tire pressure drop will shake its head like a thing possessed and i think i meantion this the first time someone asked if the 09's weave answer no if you are checking stuff and yes if your not and if your not then dont blame the bike

ive felt it as low as 55 which is where i felt it most the times45-75 on the highway in the slight corners .. i dont push mine sure ive done 105+ in striaghts but i keep it slow in the corners

My friend has a 95 classic that had a wobble problem. It turned out to be the fork bearings needed adjusted.

My 09 Street Glide is absolutely ROCK solid. It is the best handling bike I have ever ridden. Low center of gravity and it is just so stable. Side wind bursts don't even effect it. I have never had a wobble, never even a hint of a wobble. It's the only bike I have ever had that I can say I LOVE IT.

I would like to get the handle bars a little closer to me and perhaps a little higher.

It had laced wheels and the spokes were tight. The problem on the Dyna was that the swing arm is mounted to the rear of the trans and not the frame. As you know the trans and engine are rubber mounted. Very poor design IMO.

The Sta-Bo bushing helps get rid of the swing arm lateral movement and the wobbles.

Thanks to everyone for their opinion.

I can say I've had my 2010 Street Glide up to 100 and it was rock steady, took it through some mountain passes and no problem at all. I was shocked that I had never heard of this issue in the past.

I have a chopper that's right at 9' long and does not have a fork brace and even though it's steady at highway speeds (80 - 85), I dare to shake the handlebars for fear of wobble. My last chopper had a brace it was steady at all speeds.

I may think of installing a tru-track kit for some piece of mind insurance, but it's not high on priority list - unless it starts...

I get a barely perceived wobble at low speed (under 20 or so) upon deceleration. Nothing at any higher speed. Steering head tighteness seems to be within specs. Bothers me a little but nothing too serious.

Back