free website stats program Touring Bag keeps Unlatching | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Bag keeps Unlatching

skcm2006

Well, I came here and I did the search to find out what others did to correct this issue - I readjusted my latch, gave a little bend to the "fingers' and still it did not work. So I put everything back to the way it was and it was still the same.

Talked to a buddy of mine and we walked out and you would not believe what it was. It was the cloth that keeps the cover from flapping open all the way. Some how when I close the lid the cloth would fold under the seal and keep the latch from setting solid.

So I thought I would share my experience to look at this first before you go and do all the things I did... It was a Simple fix...

All the best,

Russ

To add I would always lock the bags to prevent opening. If difficult to lock you know somethings out of place.

Funny how things work out - glad to see you found the problem. Some guys crease/iron their cloth support so it folds properly when shutting too. I've never had any problems w/mine (so far), but will definitely check your issue if mine don't latch properly sometime. Thanks for sharing.

I had a problem with the latch and took it back to the dealer. I don't know what was wrong with it, but they replaced it and I was happy.:)

Back