free website stats program tour pack knock off | Harley Davidson Forums

tour pack knock off

john62

I have unsuccesfully tried to bid on a few tour packs on ebay. the ones I am interested in are for newer bikes, ABS plastic. however there are a few sellers on ebay selling the fiberglass units with no paint or hardware attached. Has anyone gone this route ,and are you happy with it? My bike is an ex police glide (brich white) so no matter what i'll be painting it . I saw the aftermarket packs prepainted (doesn't look like the harley pack)not my thing.

Are you sure you can't get a color-matched one out of the P&A catalog for your bike? It's more expensive but it won't look like an add on and it will help come resale time.

I bought one on my old 2006 Electra Glide (pictured) The price was right but it only had one latch and rattled. For the money I guess it was ok.

Attachments

• ElectraGlide (3).jpg
    ElectraGlide (3).jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 58
+1 on them being junk. I bought a Mutazu DMY for my old Suzuki, and within 4 months the crappy lock had vibrated so much that the lock broke internally. I can't imagine what the vibration of a HD would do to it. Also, the Tour-Pack is substantially bigger and opens from the side which is a big plus if you just need to get at something real quick without displacing your passenger (should you have one)

Back